Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Potty Training kids...

If you've read my blog at all or even my bio you already know I have 4 kids, girls to be exact. For a lot of things I have already dealt with it with the 2 older girls, you know things like being sick, milestones, first teeth, potty training, learning the alphabet, getting rid of the binkie and other such obsticles that parents go thru. 
Well can some one please explain to me why after already doing it with 2 other children, why on earth am I having complications potty training and weaning Kara off the binkie? 
Devin was easy to train, she hated to be dirty so it worked out perfect when she pee'd her pants because she hated it and in 3 days she was completely trained.  Brooke on the other hand could care less if she was dirty so, it took slightly longer to train her but it wasn't to complicated or difficult.
I've been on both sides of the fence with potty training having one extremely easy and one harder.  But Kara on the other hand is a totally different story, this kid will go potty in the toilet (big or little), she will tell you when she has gone.  The problem?  Most of the time she hates wearing underwear, and obviously she will pee in her underwear, for some reason she just doesn't want to potty train......  What am I doing wrong here?  No seriously this isn't just a ritoricle question, what am I doing wrong here?  What worked for you?  What made your potty training experience a success?  Also I am not to keen on giving candy as treats for peeing.
I know I haven't tried "everything" just yet but I just need to figure out how in the world to get her interested in potty training and wanted to be a big girl.  If anyone has any suggestions give them to me please! :)

Have an Oh So Wonderful Day!!
Catrina

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I had trouble potty training my son and was/am not keen on treats either. Since he was my first, I asked for suggestions and here is the one that I found to work the quickest: When he had an accident in his underwear, I had him clean himself up...I would tell him what to do, but he had to do the work.

Hope that helps!

www.superblessings.blogspot.com