Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Officially Potty Training

Who ever said potty training a two year old was easy, they were dead wrong!  Okay I doubt anyone has ever really said it or ment it at least.  Potty training Devin was okay I admit it pretty easy.  She hated to be dirty so she was fully potty trained in 3 days.  Brooke was a bit more difficult she didn't care if she was dirty, so in that since she didn't care if she pee'd her pants, it took slightly longer to get her potty trained.
But as for number 3 (You know Kara?)  She is a total other story.  The kids does not like being dirty, she hates to be sticky and despises being wet.  She shows all signs of being potty training ready.  You know she tells you when she has pee'd,  she takes off her diaper and (chuckle) hands you her poop when she poops. She knows how to take her diaper off and put her own diaper back on, she knows how to go potty in the toilet.  But the kid has just refused to potty trained! 
I don't know if it was me or if it was her, but yesterday the underwear came out and Kara starting peeing in the toilet, we went all morning with no accidents *wipes forehead with relief* She went down for her nap at 3 and chose to go without a diaper, she wanted to use her underwear...  Your wondering how that went aren't you?  Well...
She did pee.  But I'm not upset, because she did take a few hour nap and it was her first day potty training and she didn't pee to much, although Devin thinks she soaked herself, since she was the one who had to take care of her for me because I was in the middle of cutting raw chicken.  I am very proud of her. She is doing well.  Of course I have probably jinxed myself and she will probably give up today.  (I hope not).  But so far she is doing good, we'll see how things are after her nap :)

Have an Oh So Wonderful Day!
Catrina

No comments: