Monday, June 27, 2011

Excuses and a New Family Activity...

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, as always I have been totally exhausted but have had a lot of things going on, we looked at another house.. sadly another no go. Took the oldest to her first Detroit Tigers game, and we had a blast!! Found out our oldest was sick, she came home from her great grandmas the other day with a little rash by the next day it had spread to her chest and back and by Saturday it was on her limbs as well.  We took a trip to the ER to find out what the heck was going on with her.  They did a strep test and the rapid test came back negative, so they told us it looked like fifth disease, and since she only had a rash and no other symptoms we thought we were basically good to go, no medication, she was already passed the contagious stage and all we really had to do was make her comfortable with the rash.  Until today when I got a phone call from the ER nurse telling me that her Strep culture came back positive and she indeed has strep!  Its nice to know that my child has had strep all this time and did not know, she has been contagious this whole time and just started her antibiotics.  But at least she is on her way to getting better.

On another note....
I was reading a blog on my Parents.com app on my phone the other day and she was talking about caching and I was totally intrigued!  What the heck is this caching thing, and then I found out its actually called Geocaching, you can go to http://www.geocaching.com/ and join the experience that I just found out yesterday has been going on for 11 years now!  Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share their experiences online. 

I decided to give this a try, it sounded interesting and I thought it would be something fun to do with the kids.  So we got the app on my phone and started looking for our first cache.  Unfortunitly we couldn't find the first one so we moved on and found one close by, and let me tell ya it sounds like a weird thing to do and you make not think its fun (like my hubby) but just try and once you find your first Geocache you'll be so excited that you'll have to find another one, at least that was our experience.  So once all my errands were run yesterday, I took my oldest (who seemed more interested in it then anyone else) and one of our neighbors and we went searching.  In a 2 hour period we found 7 caches!  Its really strange (at least to me) to think that this has been going on for so long now and people have been doing this and these caches have been out there and we were all totally clueless to it!  Now whenever we go out my oldest asks if there are any caches nearby to search for, and if we have time we go on a little treasure hunt! We've actually thought about taking road trips to look for caches, tons of fun, right?   So if your looking for something fun to do with your kids (year round) then give Geocaching a shot. 

Have an Oh So Wonderful Night!
Catrina

No comments: