Sunday, July 24, 2011

Do I do it or not??

(bites lip) Did you know I'm a tattooed Mama?  No I'm not embarrassed about it but I am having a mental argument with myself right now....

I got my first tattoo when I was 18, my mom hated tattoo's and told me there was no way I could get one until I turned 18 (legal age to get one without parental consent).  Well I turned 18 saved up my money and got my damn tattoo!  That'll show her, who's boss right?  It was a tiger butterfly, a butterfly with the face of a tiger inside, but mine is a blue eyed tiger ;)   I love my tattoo always have, in fact to me depending on what type of tats you got to me they are art and your body the canvas.
Just 2 days later I got another tattoo, not the smartest decision I ever made, in fact one of the stupidest decisions I ever made!  I had gotten the initials of my (at the time) fiance, on my chest.  I know stupid, right? Well after my son passed away and we broke up I immediately covered up the tattoo with my sons name.  Its a cross with a rose and a banner with his name, even if I wasn't covering up a tattoo I still would have gotten it in the same spot over my heart because that is were he is (in my heart). 
Well the Hubby HATES tattoo's. We've had the discussion many times and his opinion has always been the same.  Actually when I got my tongue pierced it was because I had a craving for a tattoo and the hubby did not want me to get it, so I told him either a tat or my tongue.  Well duh, he hates tat's so guess what I got!
Well from the moment we started dating he knew I wanted to get our children's name's tattooed on me, that's just the way I am.  Well while searching pinterest I found a beautiful idea...

A white Tattoo

Ain't that so cute! I love it! So I have begun thinking I want to get our girls names tattooed on me.  I want a white tattoo on my wrist.  I'm not yet sure how I want it yet.  I was thinking a list of their names going down my wrist, but my mom was thinking it would be cute if I did it like a bracelet with hearts or stars separating their names.  Which I think that sounds nice.  The biggest problem that is accuring for me is that I REALLY want to get this tattoo but again like I said the Hubby doesn't want me to (although he says if I really want to he won't stop me but he would prefer me not to).  He'll make fun of me for getting it I know he will, he will tell me it looks stupid or whatever (jokingly of course) but do I get it and deal with the ridicule or don't get it and possibly regret not getting it? 

What do you think?  Of course by the time you read this maybe I'll have already gotten it? Maybe, Maybe not.... hehe
But I still want your opinions, what would you do in this situation?

Have an Oh So Wonderful Day!
Catrina

No comments: