Tuesday, January 19, 2010

She knows what she wants and she wants it NOW!

Shes a cutie right? But don't let those adorable blue eyes fool you.... Shes got her own agenda.

Tonight the hubby and eye were relaxing in bed watching the tube (tv) and out of the blue we hear a huge thud (bang however you want to say it), and a little wimper. I jump up of course for fear that my darling 6 year old has fallen out of her bunk bed. I run to the room throw open the door turn the light on, only to see Kara laying on the floor about 2 feet from her crib (approximate, I'm not good at measurements lol). She's on her tummy, not crying just trying to get herself up. I grab her up, hug her and just can't help but laugh (I'm demented I know) She is just looking at me. Yep thats right she climbed out of her crib. I am standing in her room giggling as my father runs up the stairs about to have a heart attack wondering who just fell, finally the hubby comes into the room, he heard us talking over the baby monitor, he starts laughing too (whats wrong with us? LOL) He starts looking the crib over. Trying to see if there is a way to lower the mattress more. Unfortunitly the only way to lower it any further is to take the front of the crib off and turn it into a toddler bed. So now I sit here writing this, having just put Kara back to bed twice already (of course it didn't take her all but a half a second to figure out she can get out of bed and run around. I've given her a bottle of milk (I know not a good idea for bed time) but I think it may be the only way to get her to go to bed right now). So far I hear no noises so maybe she has fallin asleep (heres hoping). I worry with all that is in the bedroom (especially in the bunk bed ladder which I hope I have covered good enough to keep her from even attempting to climb) I hope she doesn't get into anything, we've taken what we can out for now, and will rearrange thier room tommarrow. She has a big chair pillow on the floor so she doesn't hurt herself if she falls out.

We had made plans to move the Kara and "Junior" into the office, but it would be farther down the road, once my mom made her new desk. But we may have to make that switch alot sooner with all that is in the girls bedroom (thats alot to move in and out of the room over and over again). I may try to get a picture of her in her big girl bed (once she falls asleep) and post them tommarrow.

Devin and Brooke moved to big girl beds around this time, well Devin was 15 months and Brooke was days shy of 15 months but Kara is 14 months and 1 week maybe that is why I am so nervous about it. I don't know for some reason I thought that Devin and Brooke comprehended more about the switch then Kara does right now (maybe a few weeks makes a differance I dont know) but I just feel she is still a little to young. Don't ask me why because I certainly can not tell you! Well time to go lay down and try to relax ( or go make sure Kara is in bed still). Good Night all.

Have a Great Night!
Catrina

No comments: