Monday, March 15, 2010

Vertigo day 4

So this is my 4th day and last night was my 4th night with Vertigo. Yesterday seemed alright I had my moments dizziness and lightheadedness but I think all in all the day went pretty good, and because of the I thought it would be safe to sleep in my own bed with the Hubby since I had been sleeping on the chair in the living room sitting basically straight up for 3 nights in a row.

Boy did I make a mistake when I made that decision! I had a horrible night, I didn't feel right all night long. Today isn't going any better either so far, I have a headache and I'm really nauseated I am so tired. I feel dizzy and just not right, I'm thankful that the room is not spinning but other then that I feel like poo! I want to nap but I don't see that happening right now, oh did I mention on top of feeling like crap Kara was having issues sleeping last night? So yeah that didn't make it any better, and I am not sure if it has to do with the computer or if its me but I am having real issues just typing this out, every so often I miss a letter here and there, yeah you can see it because I pick up on it and fix it but am I just not typing hard enough? Or is my computer screwing up?

I hate to admit it but I have been unable to keep up with any of the blogs that I follow because I am trying to limit my time on the computer because I just don't feel good. Oh and thanks to being sick with vertigo and not being able to eat much (and vomiting) I have lost some more weight, a total of 9lbs to be exact, well I've only lost 3 since being sick but I have not gained any weight yet this pregnancy. Yeah I am worried but then again my aunt gave me her baby heart doppler so I get to listen to my baby's heart whenever I want and baby's heart is beating great so we are good! Don't know if I mentioned it but we get the big ultrasound on March 29th! Yeah I think I did mention it but oh well I just reminded you.
I think its time for me to rest some more, I really wish I could nap right now but I just don't see that happening right now (Kara is awake and you can't let her run the house herself).
So ta-ta for now.

Have a Great Day!
Catrina

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

feel better Catrina!

Satia said...

I've lived with vertigo for over three years and you definitely need to see a doctor. Odds are, there is a simple head maneuver that can be done in the office that will immediately relieve the sensation and make it go away.

Also, get some to run to the bookstore or library or go online and get a copy of Dizzy by Jack Wazen. I wish I'd had this book before I woke up with vertigo because the advice he offers will help the process of seeing doctors and answering the many questions. You can expect to be asked when you feel it worse, whether it hits when you move your head a particular way, etc.

And after you've seen a doctor and know why you are feeling dizzy, there are things you can do to keep the feeling from getting so bad. Yoga, qigong, and tai chi are all wonderful ways of empowering you to live with vertigo without living in fear of another vertigo attack.

Take care and get to a doctor. The sooner you have an answer, the better. Most of the causes can be cured easily but some can be more complicated and the sooner you know why you are dizzy, the more likely you are not to have to deal with permanent complications.