Friday, April 9, 2010

Cough, Cough

It started Tuesday morning Brooke had a fever we were able to keep it under control and it was gone by Wednesday night, but Tuesday she started coughing a little. The cough has gotten worse and worse. I gave her a treatment of abuterol and also this morning, but I knew what was going on. I called and made the appointment this morning and yep to no surprise...... Brooke has Croup AGAIN! We just went through this back in December around Christmas. Of course if I'm understanding the doctor I think alot of the reason why she keeps getting the croup is because she has asthma. She gets a virus, that causes a cough but having the asthma already thats whats causing her to get the seal like barking cough, It sucks! So its 3 days of steroids for Brookie, Thankfully they gave me another prescription for her Abuterol since her other prescription expired. I'm not so freaked out this time around either because I know what to do to help get rid of it and help with her cough and the swelling, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck to have to deal with it. Well I am tired and I want to nap, and I think she needs to as well so I'm off to try and get Brookie to nap with me.

Oh yeah and if you were wondering she did just fine after I left her school yesterday and when I picked her up she told me that when she said she didn't want to go to school she was just joking, lol she is such a dork haha.

Have a Great Day!
Catrina

No comments: