Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What a day!

So if you don't follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Myspace then you have no clue of the day that I had yesterday, last night and even into the wee hours of this morning.....
Yesterday started out alright, We went to a funeral for the hubby's best freinds dad. It was a wonderful ceremony, first they did mass at the church that he was baptised in then we went to the cemetary were he had a Military funeral, complete with a 21 gun solute, buggle and taps (If you don't know what that is, its the drum beat they play when a soldier has fallen) and Marines folding the his flag to give to his son. I have never been to a Military funeral so it was all new to me to see all the happened. We even stayed afterward to watch them bury the casket (which I have never seen either) and the men that were there to bury him were very nice and let his son throw in the first scoop of dirt, it was very sweet and very sad at the same time. I was on my feet alot yesterday. I thought I was drinking enough, maybe not enough water, Maybe its just that I had 1 to many caffine drinks (I had 2) and not enough water. But once we got home I just was not feeling right, I tried to take it easy best I could other then trying to take care of the girls (it was shower night). Well we put the girls to bed around 8:15-8:30pm and sat down on the couch and began playing on the computer. Thats when I notice the contractions.... Just about every two minutes, so I sent the hubby a facebook message (okay we were both on the computer in 2 different rooms and I didn't want to yell). So we decided to go to the hospital. They had me pee in a cup and got me all hooked up to the monitors, luckily the baby was cooperating and they were able to monitor the heart rate unfortunitly they had a harder time getting the contractions on the monitor but did finally get them and sure enough I was contracting every 2-5 minutes. They checked my urine and found out I was extremely dehydrated, so the nurse had me down a cup of water and then drink another. The contractions weren't slowing down and some of them were beginning to hurt. So They started and IV, no such luck the contractions were still coming and I had already gone through 2 bags of IV fluids so they check me, no dilation (which is a good thing). So they started another bag and gave me a shot of turbutaline which did slow them down (finally), they decided to give me another shot of it for good measure and sure enough the contractions finally stopped! So I was able to go home at 3 am this morning.
I'm trying to take it easy today to let my uterus relax, luckily its just me and Kara today, as Brooke has school. I haven't really felt many contractions this morning, except like in the last 1/2 hour I have been feeling a bit strange so I am going to hurry up and finish this post and lay down and hope that whatever is going on stops. I am only 24 weeks and 5 days and now is not a good time for this little bundle to be making its appearance just yet. If you are the praying type can you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that this little turd doesn't decide to make its debut to early.

Have a Great Day!

No comments: