Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Season of Giving...

Today we Celebrate Christmas with one third of our family. Yes we have 3 Christmas Dinners every year! Today we are having Dinner with my dad's side of the family. No presents will be exchanged today because well times are hard and their are 13 kids in the family! So we are just going to spend the holiday today as a family.
This year I have decided as well that I am going to be teaching my children a lesson about the holidays.. Its not all about getting presents. I admit I have some pretty greedy children, the Hubby and I tried to prevent this when they were little but our oldest managed to get spoiled (and believe me we tried our damnedest to prevent it). So this year as a lesson the this holiday season is more about giving then receiving I will have my children take some money out of their spending money boxes and donate it to good cause. I will give them a few choices of causes and let them choose which cause they want to donate to.
They got new coats this year and we will be donating them as well to some children who need warm coats this winter.
I've said it in a previous post but I'll say it again. I use to be all about me I loved getting presents and that's all I cared about. But having children as made me more excited about giving gifts and such things then receiving them. And of course what a great lesson to teach your children right? Their are people out there less fortunate then us and its time for my children to learn how to help those less fortunate then ourselves.
Are you going to be giving this year? If so please feel free to share!

Have an Oh So Wonderful Day!
Catrina

No comments: